Saturday 11 July 2015

Westbury Arts Centre Summer Fair

Brilliant day as stall holder at Westbury Arts Centre Summer Fair! 

My acrylic demonstration gave me the chance to discuss my painting technique with new visitors and old friends of Westbury. A great surprise to see my Aunt & Uncle visit the Art Centre today too.
To all those who joined the fun today, a big thank you for coming!


Beautifully colourful Summer Fair banner made by textile artist Helen den Dulk,
isn't it fabulous!
  
My art & crafts stall set up in the Drawing Room
And for the winner of Hilary's raffle, the solar lamp goes to
...yours truly!

Warning - artist at work! My live painting demonstration of a pet portrait, acrylic on canvas

Here are step-by-step pet portrait photos taken during stages of my acrylic painting demonstration.

1: Transpose my sketch onto the canvas.
Starting to fill in indicative areas of colour.

2: With the first wash of colour in place, start to add definition.

3: Adding tone, features and detail.






















The next stages will be to add two more layers of paint, one to define shadows/highlights and then the final layer of dry brushing to bring out the texture of the fur.

I'll post more pictures once the portrait is finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about this blog and answer any art-related questions you may have.
Please type any comments you have here, and I will post a reply. Thank you.