Thursday 18 June 2015

Art Trail by bike!

As my studio is closed today, I decided to visit some artists a little further afield and as the sun was shining, my bike came along too!

I started with a visit to Gawcott Church, a beautiful bright building where a group of ten artists had their work on display, some members of the Milton Keynes Society of Artists. 
I was met by hosts Jill Varone and Irene Foster, who kindly offered a cold drink - most welcome after a long cycle ride from Wolverton! 

For more details of the MKSA visit the website www.mksa.org.uk




Also in Gawcott, I visited glass maker Tlws Johnson, who took me through the fused and cast glass techniques. Around the corner, was painter Paul Bursnall, who produces distinctive harbour side paintings in bright acrylics. He offered a useful advice on using quality varnish to finish a painting - thank you for the tip Paul :)

Back on the bike, and a little way down the Preston Road, I came to the Chafor Wine Estate. The plan was to follow the art trail and see art by Stephanie. As I was there, I also got the chance to sample the tasty local wines on offer at the vineyard and chat to owner Tim about setting up a Vineyard in England.

My final port of call was The Woolpack at Buckingham, where 14 printmakers and artists were exhibiting a wide variety of subjects and mediums throughout the pub. The display of original works looked fantastic and prints were available to purchase - it would've been more practical if I had brought the car! There were also demonstrations of the wood block printing technique and also landscape painting by Laura Tebboth, chair of Buckingham Art for All.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about this blog and answer any art-related questions you may have.
Please type any comments you have here, and I will post a reply. Thank you.