Wednesday 13 May 2015

Machine embroidery over foils, velvets and organza

Working with velvets and foils this week was definitely a first. A totally new technique which has steps you should follow in the right order, otherwise you foil the base of your iron - big oops!
Foiled butterfly 'eyes'

I decided to foil the 'eyes' on my butterfly wings, which once drawn out onto Bondaweb looked rather like easter eggs! Each set of foiled eyes followed a different colour scheme and once the foil had been applied, we added a top layer of organza and embroidered patterns over the top. 

I used these to test out my pretty variegated embroidery thread, and also practice flowing patterns from the previous week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about this blog and answer any art-related questions you may have.
Please type any comments you have here, and I will post a reply. Thank you.