Sunday 1 March 2015

Felt-tastic Fun with Fuzzy Florals


After seeing Kirstie Allsop make a needle felt robin during her Christmas craft programmes, I felt (!) that I needed to give the popular craft of needle felting a go and purchased a basic felting kit with 20 colours, which was plenty to get me started.

Starting with basic flower petal and leaf shapes cut from felt sheets, I used the wool to build up layers. After rolling a fluffy centre out of the white wool, I then attached the leaves behind the petals to give the flower it's three dimensions. 

These Fuzzy Florals look especially fabulous mounted into a box frame and are ideal as a gift. 
The frame provides space for the flower to almost 'jump out' at the viewer.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about this blog and answer any art-related questions you may have.
Please type any comments you have here, and I will post a reply. Thank you.