Sunday 28 December 2014

I can now reveal my debut commission!

My client requested a commissioned piece of artwork for her husband's Christmas gift that would feature the head of a friesian cow on a plain background.

I had to go a little further afield (excuse the pun!) to source the perfect friesian as it was already rather Autumnal weather and most friesian cows were already tucked up in their sheds for the winter.

On a day trip through Oxfordshire, I happened upon a muddy field filled with a herd of friesians. 
This lovely chap was sporting a gentle smile, so I immediately knew that he was to be my chosen cow! 


Whilst working on the cow, it occurred to me that the ear tag would be the perfect way for my client to add her bespoke element to the image and gives it that finishing touch. 

The piece was presented to my client's husband for Christmas, and he was over the moon! The artwork now hangs in his home office with pride of place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think about this blog and answer any art-related questions you may have.
Please type any comments you have here, and I will post a reply. Thank you.